SSC – CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2)) Examination
SSC CHSL exam consists of three tier exam a) Computer based test b) descriptive test c) skill test. SSC CHSL is conducted for the posts like Sorting Assistant/Postal Assistant (SA/PA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) etc.
SSC – CHSL Eligibility
Age: 18 years to 27 years.
Educational Qualification: 12th pass or equivalent from a recognized board of a university.
Check eligibility and pay scale here
SSC – CHSL Exam Online Classes
The examination will consist of a
- Computer Based Examination (Tier-I),
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-ll) and
- Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-Ill).
SSC – CHSL Computer Based Examination: Tier-I (Objective Type, Online):
This examination tier will consist of Objective Type – Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-ll, III & IV.
There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 Minutes|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
There will be negative marking of 0.50 (-1/2) marks for each wrong answer.
SSC – CHSL Tier 2
- Descriptive Paper-Pen and Paper (OFFLINE),
- Either Hindi or English (not both)
- 100 Marks -1 Hour, It is a qualifying exam stage
|Exam Type||Max Marks||Duration|
|Pen and Paper Mode||100||1 Hour|
The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
The best way to prepare for this tier is to read as many articles from various sources like magazines, novels, newspapers, etc. Besides this, you need to be well versed in the pattern of Letter and Application.
SSC – CHSL Tier 3 Exam (Computer based)
Skill Test for DEOs/ Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
- Typing speed for Data Entry operator is 8,000 (eight thousand) with Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The test will be of 15 minutes duration
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Typing Test will be held in either English or Hindi.
- The typing test will be of qualifying in nature.
- In English medium, a typing speed of 35 words per minute should be achieved.
- In Hindi medium, a typing speed of 30 words per minute should be achieved.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key-depressions will be given to candidate
SSC – CHSL Tier I Syllabus
|General Intelligence||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
Causes and Effects
Odd man out
Statement and Arguments
Statement and Assumption
Statement and Conclusion
Clocks & Calendars
Situation Reaction Test
|Age & Averages
Time& Distance-Boat & Stream
Simple & Compound Interest
Data Interpretation – Bar graph, Line, tabular, pie chart
HCF and LCM
Permutation and Combination
Pipe & Cistern
Profit and Loss
Inequality -Quadratic Equation
Ratio, Proportion, Partnership
Time and Work
Roots, Surds & Indices
Decimal and Fraction
Heights & Distances
|Antonym & Synonym
HomonymsCloze TestFill in the BlanksGrammar basedIdioms and PhrasesJumbled WordsOne-word SubstitutionPara Jumbles
Qs on Vocabulary
Idioms & Phrases
Science, Technology, Environment,Sports, Culture & Banking Sector.Budget and Five Year Plans.Current events from Sports.Awards and Honours, Science – Inventions and DiscoveriesImportant PeopleCountries, Capitals, and CurrenciesHistory of India.
Indian Economics, Indian Constitution and Indian Politics
Other government and insurance exams:
Government Exams Details
LIC exams details
LIC AAO insurance exams
LIC ADO insurance exams
LIC HFL insurance exams
SSC Exam details
SSC CGL government exam
RRB (Railaways) Group D
RRB (Railaways) NTPC
RRB (Railaways) ALP